Friday, March 19, 2010

Coconut Oil

So for all you south texan ladies, I was in my local H-E-B today and a 32 oz container of coconut oil caught my eye. I've heard about how great it is for your skin and hair, and at $4.98 a pop, why the heck not?! So I got it, went home, took out my twists and applied it to my scalp, ends, and roots. I combed with my wide tooth comb. Can I say this was one of the greatest purchases I have EVER made? I got unbelievable shine and moisture from less than a quarter size amount! Below is some wonderful tidbits about coconut oil! Hope y'all enjoy :)



from: http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

Hair Care: Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shinny complexion. Regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs, even if your scalp is dry. Coconut oil is extensively used in the Indian sub-continent for hair care. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. It is therefore used as hair care oil and used in manufacturing various conditioners, and dandruff relief creams. Coconut oil is normally applied topically for hair care.

Some ideas for how to use it:
http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/coconut-hair-oil-recipes.html

Here's what Planet Green has to say about it and how to use it:
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/diy-condition-hair-coconut.html

3 comments:

  1. Nice post thanks for sharing this article..it helps a lot in increasing my knowledge about this...
    And Visit here for Indian Human Hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative blog enjoy this i really feel happy to read this post thanks for sharing this post. We update latest government vacancies on our website to help the new government job aspirants to know about the latest government jobs and upcoming government jobs.

    Latest Government Vacancies;

    ReplyDelete